Nick and I out with my co-workers/support system
(left to right, Dan, Nick, me, Leanne, Alexis)
I got my nose pierced with my friend, Kristie, while we were in Cincinnati over Christmas break. That’s a picture of us above that was taken right after we had them done. If you look closely, you can see a small red swollen spot on our noses. Yep, that’s because a gargantuan sized needle went through our nostrils about 3 minutes previously. Shh – don’t tell my parents.
- The city is crazy for the Superbowl which starts in 6 hours.
- The city is crazy for SuperTuesday which starts in 48 hours.
- The city is crazy because if the Patriots win the Superbowl, they’ll have a parade on SuperTuesday.
- I finally got my Massachusetts drivers license.
- Last night we found a Filipino restaurant! SCORE!
- We saw the movie Juno this weekend and give it two very big thumbs up for its one liners.
- We potentially have found a parish that we’d like to belong to: St. Cecilia which is an energetic and booming community in downtown Boston.
- Nick’s 2nd semester classes are going well is schedule is a little less stressful with one less class.
- My job is consuming my life and have made a decision to at least begin job hunting for next fall.
- My brother and sister-in-law just found out they’re having another boy! That’s four kids total! 1 girl and 3 boys. God love ’em.
- Nick and Kelly Hartings just had their baby girl, Emma Jeane, on Friday morn – CONGRATS!
- I’m playing with the idea of applying to a masters program at Simmons College. It’s a masters in Gender and Cultural Studies. I figure while I’m surrounded with academics why not jump in, too, you know? Not to mention, this is my area of specialization.
And there you have it – a small glimpse into our lives for the week. Don’t forget that February is when I celebrate my birthday month. * Along with the start of Lent, Mardi Gras, Presiden’s Day, and Valentine’s Day, February holds one of the most treasured days of all time: my bday.
*Ask Nick, I am not exaggerating this statement.